Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh Mother Nature

Last week a Winter Wonderland in NYC and this week Springtime in Toronto... how I do marvel your ways. Getting to NYC this time around was not so much fun... long airport delays–SNOW SNOW and more SNOW.

Once I made it, I hit the ground running and didn't stop until I had my ass back in my AC assigned seat. WOAH, what a weekend.

  • Thursday late night dinner date with my girl Vida, followed by a walk through the blizzard with a late addition to the party, Manuel. The streets were beautiful, quiet and covered (in a deep layer) of soft snow.
  • Friday, SNOW DAY! No class for Vida which meant more time to play (I mean work). A walk through the snowy streets of Fort Greene, a tasty mediterranean brunch followed by a quick trip to Budget for some moving boxes. To pack or not to pack, Manicure? Sometimes it's fun to be girlie! I should point out that all day I was getting updates via BBM from both the wonderful JK about this evening's festivities and the one and only CV on her mad shoveling adventure, where is the car? The video is impressive! It's 8:00 p.m. do you know where Justin Kramer is? Bushwick. After a quick bite at Wombat (Australian-ish restaurant), supplies in hand and a failed attempt to sing Sugar Man, we head over to 331 Vernon. A Christian the Lion hug starts the night out right, and so it begins...
  • Saturday sleep-in followed by a tasty bowl of au-lait and great french ratatouille among friends. Still not sure what the dude in the Sanitation Tractor thingo was doing... I guess we'll never know! Found some skis on the corner... standard and sent Vida back home to complete some designs and pack a box or two! Up to the Whitney for the Biennial followed by another coffee and chocolaty goodness... to be honest, at this point, all I can think about is cheese! Fondue Night and a game, or two of Celebrity.... cheese. ♥
  • Sunday... well Sunday it was ON. Gold Medal Game... there were some battling text messages flying back and forth but at the end of the day our boys took it, a home ice win... ain't nothing more spectacular! Quick trip to Tribeca, office re-design and tasty dinner. Watched some Top Chef through my eyelids... so tired!
  • Monday :( nothing more sad then that last morning push, trying to pack and squeeze the most you can out of a few hours... Breakfast with the lovely P. Harris and the sassy new redhead Miss. Teune... late morning visit with the love of my life CV (yes, there was a mini Christian the Lion involved, of course!) and a big hug from Petrovich. Met up with an old friend from NYU, caught up over coffee and a chocolate croissant... back to Laight St. to grab my bags and one last squeeze... nap in the taxi en-route to the airport.
... and that's all folks.

It's sunny and warm here in Toronto like I said, Mother Nature you move in mysterious ways!

xx

1 comment:

  1. love of MY life.
    um, did you keep the skis? i want some!

    ReplyDelete